Yay for some dedicated modelry time! I primed some snotlings and an Eldar Guardian white last night. While they were drying, I sculpted a spat, which is a form of ornamental footwear, usually worn over the shoe by military (or marching bands).
As far as snotlings go, this little guy was done in less than half an hour. A very light green for the skin, a (human) flesh color for the net, and leather fro the leather. The net and leather got Devlan Mud, the skin got ab Thrakka Green wash. I then picked out the highlights on the skin with the original shade, and drybrushed the net a bit.
I also had quite a bit of green stuff left over (because I couldn’t sculpt two spats fast enough) so before it solidified into a useless lump, I used my spare greenstuff to make a bunch of mushrooms, which will go on the front of the Pump Wagons.
Hey! An update! I decided to try my hand at making a Top Hat. Tell me what you think!
|Because De-motivational posters are hip, right?|
It’s been a while! Sorry for that.
I was told to match the snotling pump wagon bases with those used by GW on the Moria Goblins from their LoTR line. (Which I blame for their high prices on models, but I won’t go there today).
So, it’s been a while without a model related update, so I have a good set of stuff for you!
The strap was the first piece to go on. It was simply a flattened sausage that I let cure for about an hour before supergluing in place. Next, the cummerbund was rolled out, shaped and let cure for about half an hour while I worked on the buckle. After getting the buckle where I wanted it, I added the lines on the cummerbund. I then glued the buckle on and then laid the cummerbund into place. I used my size 6 color shapers (Thanks, Mom!) and gently pressed it so it fit into the form of the model. It’s not glued into place yet, but once it dries I’ll glue it if it feels too loose.
I bits ordered the Ravagore’s head and stat card a while ago with this conversion in mind. Since they’re essentially the same model, just with different heads and lack or presence of elbows, I figured this was a super cheap way to get a Ravagore! I put the two head halves together and the filled the bowl in the back with green stuff. A drop of water went onto the greenstuff to act as lubericant, and I pressed the head onto the Carnivean body and positioned it just so. I then pulled the head back off without disturbing the greenstuff (thank you mister water droplet) and let it cure. Some I then glued it on. Once the glue was dry, I drilled through the throat into the body and put in a long pin, allowing me to pin on the flame effect. Hurrah!