Age of Sigmar

So, I polished off the last tidbits tonight: That skull I missed on the hero’s Right Hand Great Weapon, I blacked all the edges of the bases so they look nice, and I added just a hint of glow to the hero’s base.

Here’s a pic or two of the base:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then, I stickytac’d everything to a big sheet of cardboard, went outside and glosscoated them. It went on flawlessly, and the paint jobs are now sealed! I’ll give it 24 hours to cure, and hit them with a matte varnish, called ‘dullcote’ tomorrow afternoon, right after work.

Then, I’ll pack’em up and ship them Wednesday!

Yay!

So, the gore got done today. But as I was prepping the models for it, A funny thought occured to me:

Photobucket

Toilet Paper Mummy Centaurs! Seriously though. I used individual squares of toilet paper as masks for the parts I didn’t want to get splatter on. First I isolated the front legs:

Photobucket

Then the weapon…

Photobucket

And, well, you saw the result.

But, here’s the horde in all it’s glory!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And some extra gore detail, just because:

Photobucket

And, the Hero options all painted up. First, the shield!

Photobucket

Great weapon and shield:

Photobucket

Then, dual Great Weapons (just because)…

Photobucket

Alternate pose:

Photobucket

And, dual Hand Weapons…

Photobucket

And since the arms are magnetized, there are 9 total loadout options for the hero.

The only remaining thing to do is black the edges of the bases and clear coat.

WHOOO!

Some changes, and some progress.

Lava on the base actually looks like lava! Two coats of Golden Yellow followed by two coats of Sunburst Yellow and all we need is a bit more orange splash onto the walls to look like glow.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Next, the banner finished. Went for a palid, dead flesh on the majority of the head, and then my bone triad for the three skulls and the horns. Think it turned out pretty well.

Photobucket

Next, we went a completely different direction with the weapons – ‘blackmetal’ core fading through blue to white at the cutting edges. IMO, this looks much better and less cartoony than my previous attempt.

Photobucket

And, the finished model, with a slightly different more relaxed “surveying the field” pose.

Photobucket

Got loads done today! Hashut symbols got a second coat of Red Gore, followed by two coats of Blood Red. Then, I outlined them in black. Done!

Next, I worked my little three payer magic on the bone protrusions and the skulls that appear in some of the tails.

Photobucket

Next, I spent time working on the hero. Firstly, here’s a preliminary look at the lava! It’s mostly just Blazing Orange over a light grey, but it’s a start. Some yellow to the middle, and red to the edges, and it’ll look like it’s glowing. I’ll also be adding some OSL to the surrounding rock and a bit on the hero himself.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Next, I spent some more time working on freehand: the banner! I went for a deep, supremely dark red for the cloth, and then free-handed a chaos star onto it in white. Very delicate work, since any screw-ups are very difficult to repair. I think it turned out well. The nice thing here – Dwarfs are master blacksmiths, not necessarily painters, so the banner can be a bit crude.

I also worked on our bright blue ‘magical’ weapons for the Hero. The following shows both the banner, and the weapon.

Photobucket

Lastly, here’s a closeup of some of the jewels that are embedded in the Hero’s beard spikes. They get a little gradient from dark red at the top to orange at the bottom, to give the effect that they are being filled with light. One little white dot in the upper corner gives the light glint effect.

Photobucket

So, provided everything looks good, All I really need to do is polish off the banner (head at the top, skulls), do the shield (metallics and lava-ish stuff in the symbol), and then gore on everything.

I should definitely be able to Gloss spray everything tomorrow night, and be done! Yay!

So, got the beards done during Glee and Big Bang Theory, and then watched Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift and was able to get the symbols done on the grunts and leader.

Here’s the pics:

Grey beard example:
Photobucket

Brown beard examples:
Photobucket

Symbols on a group shot:
Photobucket

Tomorrow is game day at my local store, but since I don’t have work on Friday, I can put in a movie when I get home, and put in another 2 hours highlighting the symbols and getting ready to line them Friday.

After that, it’s just the bone sections and gore for the grunt.

The hero’s arms still need lots done, but I also got them primed today, and they’ll cure overnight before getting drybrushed Friday.

I’m hoping to have everything done by Friday night so I can do a final once over of everything Saturday morning before gloss coating them to seal the paint. Then they’ll get a matte varnish Sunday morning and ship Monday.

Wish me luck!