This is what’s on the painting table right now.
I’m trying to get everything to the same level (base coated teal, sanguine and skin, at the least) so I can assembly line with shades and highlights. It’s going well so far, but I keep getting distracted and adding models to the list. Like the Raek, Aby2, the Blight Wasps (OMG THEY’RE ADORABLE) and a pair of Strider Deathstalkers. Most of the extra additions are there to give me something else to play during the weekend, and to help give me something else to use one Templecon is over.
While I paint, I’m watching Supernatural. I’m mid-way through Season 2 right now, and it’s pretty good. I can see why they’ve made it through 9 (10?) seasons.
Notable things in the picture above:
- The Blighted Bather is literally bathing in Blight. Rather than try to paint water, I figure she’ll just take a dip in the blighted ooze. There’s not a lot of room to get the bright teal on that model, so this is a solid place to get the color down.
- Aby2 – Holy cow, what a blast to assemble, and I’m really enjoying painting her, too.
- Seraph. I ran a tournament over the weekend, and cleaning and assembling him was what I did when I wasn’t doing round pairings and getting rules questions wrong.
- Spud’s Succubus. Yerp, she’s getting paint! I don’t think I can use her in the Hardcore event itself (thus the official PP model right next to her), but she’s just such a gorgeous model that I made she she got in the queue.
- Raek – it’s been one of my favorite Legion models ever, and may, in fact, be the model that made me take up Legion. Why it wasn’t one of the first ones painted, I don’t know. I understand it’s pretty decent at jamming, and does a good deal of infantry killing, especially when backed up by the Strider Deathstalker twins.
- Speaking of, see the blurry Strider Deathstalker in the lower left corner? Notice anything different, compared to the studio model? Yeah, since I’m running two, I need them to not be the same. It took almost an hour and a half, but it was worth it.
- Blight Wasps – These released last week, and I couldn’t help myself. I have a second unit coming, and can’t wait to see how they fare as a second line counter punch, hiding behind Legionnaires. Plus, they’re about the cutest things ever.