The muse struck, and this happened.
I purposely didn’t do any blending on this. I wanted to go for a cell-shaded, anime feel.
It badly needs an oil wash to black line the armor panels. You can see where I used a brush to black line the shoulderpad and helmet. It’s a pain to do and requires touch-ups afterwards, but this particular model has been spray painted and airbrushed about half a dozen times, so there’s not much detail left for an oil wash to take to. He’s a test scheme model, and thus has served his purpose.
The back’s a bit dark still. I’d like to find one more teal spot back here, perhaps the hip armor?
Color recipes are petty simple (everything’s P3):
- Bloodstone, shaded with Battlefield Brown and highlighted with Heartfire
- Meredius Blue shaded with Coal Black and highlighted with Arcane Blue
- The leather is Thamar Black highlighted with Exile Blue and then highlighted again with Cygnar Blue Base
- The black plastic gun bits are Thamar Black, then Greatcoat Grey, then Greatcoat Grey with some Morrow White
- The hoofs are Hammerfall Khaki, highlighted with Menoth White Base, then Menoth White Highlight
I probably won’t be doing much Tau in the immediate future, I just wanted to paint a model from start to finish the other day, in order to feel a sense of accomplishment. I have too many projects and haven’t felt like my time’s been productive, so a quick, easy win was just the morale boost I needed.
Lastly, here’s a pic of Libby in a cute red bandana (she has a cough again, so it’s also a warning while on walks), as an apology for springing this on you.
How do you stay motivated when you loose steam?