Nothing too special. Table top quality, but at least they’re done.
Yay! An update! Good progress this weekend. A second deck was added to allow some snotlings to throw stuff at enemies from on high. Also, a mechanism for attaching and turning the rear wheel was made. Lastly, a pair of front spikes were made and magnetized. One will be covered in mushrooms to represent the optional “spore attack” which is a one time use only ability for these wagons.
So, I’ve recently decided I want to try painting some Eldar. Yes, I know they’re a GW product, but they look so damn cool! One of the auto-includes for almost any Eldar army is a Farseer HQ choice with the Doom spell. Doom lets any Eldar unit re-roll wound rolls on the targeted enemy unit / model. Wahoo! So, I figured a farseer model would be a good, cheap way to try out painting Eldar.
|Studio Warlock Model|
|Eldar Farseer with Spear|
I decided to cut at the elbow. Mainly because it hides the seam, making the conversion even easier. I may not even need green stuff!
A few weeks ago I stumbled across a find on bartertown.com. I snagged a full Praetorian Swordsmen unit for 50% off! I love finding PP models used. Since they’re (basically) all metal, I know I can strip them, no matter what condition they are in. These were easy though. After pulling the super glue off, a quick inventory shows I have everything I’ll need to assemble them (except I’m 1 base short…).
The last model related update for you today is a WIP of the Titan Gladiator! I got the skin basecoated as well as most of the red panels.
The reds need another coat or two, but the skin’s ready for the next layer. I’m hoping the skin will be as easy as a brown wash (haven’t decided which one yet) and some dry-brushing. Since this guy lives out in the desert, I’m fine with his skin being a bit chalky. We’ll see how it turns out.
… on the Snotling Pump Wagons! I finally got all my parts in (except for the snotlings themselves). Between the 50mm bases, Skaven Screaming Bell wheels and Starbucks Stirring sticks, here’s what I came up with after about two hours of fiddling around.
The snotling in the last picture was provided by the client along with lots of extra spiky bits and stuffs.